Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 12 May 2021

Playmobil Fairy Tales: The Adventures of Cinderella-13

After perceiving the aggressive-looking wolf gradually approaching her, Cinderella was so shocked such that she became rooted to the spot and couldn't move herself away no matter how hard she wished to at that moment. The cowardly knight and the scarecrow ran away as fast as they could without waiting for Cinderella when they suddenly noticed that Cinderella did not follow them. 

"Make haste, Ms. Cinderella!" shouted the scarecrow. 

Just when Cinderella thought to herself that she would soon become the supper of the wolf, she suddenly recognized the wolf to be the one that she encountered at the three little dwarves' wooden cottage.

"OMG, it's YOU!" exclaimed Cinderella furiously as she remembered how the big bad wolf was trying to break into Kenny, Benny and Lenny's cottage. "I know you're up to no good, you mischievous creature! Looks like I need to teach you a lesson." 

The cowardly knight and the scarecrow looked on in horror as Cinderella bent down and picked up a twig lying on the golden brick road and started waving it at the wolf as if trying to beat it. 

"Stop it, Cinderella! You'll only anger it even more!" exclaimed Mr. Knight, who was so frightened that he began trembling from head to toe. 

Without warning, the wolf lost its aggressive expression and drooped its head with its tail between its hind legs. 

"I beg your pardon, young lady." To everyone including Cinderella's astonishment, the wolf spoke. "I didn't want to frighten you at all. I only wanted to make friends with you."

"Who would snarl at people when they're trying to make friends?" snapped Cinderella, who was still angry, as she waved the twig threateningly. 


"That's just how I look!" responded the wolf innocently. "And that's my problem. I want to make friends but my appearance is too scary such that I've always frightened people away. I am so lonely!"

Cinderella, who was not convinced by the wolf's words, raised an eyebrow as she crossed her arms. "Then how do you explain the fact that you were trying to break into the three little dwarves' cottage?"

"I was trying to be friendly, but they were too scared to come out," elucidated the wolf. "I see that you are going along the Golden Brick Road, is there any chance that you are going to see the Great Wizard Ali Buda?"

"Yes, yes indeed we are!" responded the scarecrow.

"May I go with you to see the wizard?" pleaded the wolf earnestly. "I want to ask him to give me a friendly expression so people will stop being scared of me so I can start making some friends."

"Of course you can join us," answered the benevolent knight, who stopped being frightened of the wolf upon hearing its words.

"Nuh uh, not so fast," said Cinderella, who was still doubtful about the wolf's words. 

"You can join us, but you have to prove that your words are sincere. Do you see that wooden bridge over there?" asked Cinderella as she pointed at the bridge crossing the murky river. "Could you piggy-back each one of us and jump over the gap so we can cross the bridge and continue our journey to see the Great Wizard Ali Buda? This is a way to prove your loyalty and to convince us that you weren't trying to deceive us to eat us all up later!"

"No problem!" responded the Wolf immediately. "Leave that to me!"

The Wolf kept his word and piggy-backed each and every one of them across the bridge by leaping over the gap, so the group of four could continue their journey to see the legendary wizard.

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment