Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 16 November 2022

Playmobil Detectives: Saigon Love Story-27

 After the burning incense had been knocked out, Shaun and Blythe sensed that the atmosphere became less suffocating. 

"We cannot reason with the spirit," said Shaun. "We don't speak their language and no one can help us translate this time, as they've all been hypnotized."

"I'll try nonetheless," answered Blythe. "If possible, I'd like to send him to heaven instead of sealing him back into the urn."

"Are you sure? I think this is too risky," responded Shaun. "Remember what the Taoist priest said? Once freed from the sealing charm, the spirit would become more powerful than it had ever been."

Before the discussion could continue, the two sensed that the evil spirit was advancing towards them, a suffocating sensation of hatred emanated from the spirit.

"Hung, why are you seeking revenge?" enquired Blythe. "You've already revenged upon the person who had killed you and mistreated Mai, which was Bob Summerton. Why are you still unsatisfied? There is nothing left for you to do in this world, you should go to heaven now that you are free from the seal. If you continue to conduct evil deeds, you will lose your chance of going to heaven."

Abruptly, Hung's spirit let out a high-pitched sound like fingernails on a chalkboard. "Revenge! I want revenge! Mai's parents have deceived her into believing that I was dead. Otherwise, she would never leave me in Saigon. Also, I want to keep my promise to Mai and marry her and raise our daughter together," retorted Hung in Vietnamese. Nevertheless, as if by magic, they were able to understand each other mutually.

"But your wish has already been fulfilled. Mai's parents have died 18 years ago in New York. Your daughter is now a grown woman and she has already raised a child of her own," said Shaun. "Look at the middle-aged lady lying there. That's Lan, your daughter. The old lady on her left is Mai and the girl on the right is Thao, your granddaughter."

"What? That old woman is Mai? I don't believe you! You liar! She is but a girl of eighteen! That's Mai!" exclaimed Hung as his ghost pointed at Thao. In fact, the spirit's memory had remained at the time when he was sealed in the urn and was totally ignorant of the fact that 46 years had passed. He had mistaken Thao for her grandmother Mai.

"No, that's your granddaughter Thao," elucidated Blythe. "If you don't believe me, look at Mai's birthmark on her left arm."


Only after recognizing the birthmark on the old lady's left arm did Hung gradually believe Shaun and Blythe's words. 

"See what I'm saying? It's cruel to say this, but they have lived on without you," said Shaun. "There is no point in you joining their lives now. They are leading happy lives at the moment, although the memory of you will always live on in Mai's heart."

Without warning, a tear trickled down Hung's face. "I understand, it seems like there is no need for me to be in this world anymore," replied Hung, with a much softened tone. "But, please, before I go, let me take a look at my daughter and granddaughter. They look just like Mai! No wonder why I've mistaken Thao for Mai. Mai still looks so pretty despite the wrinkles on her face. I am so happy that Lan has grown up."

At this moment, they perceived a blinding light that shone down from above, straight at Hung's ghost. Then, as light as feather, Hung gradually rose into the air, as if taken by the light up to heaven. As he was slowly rising, Hung thanked Blythe and Shaun. "Cảm ơn nhiều. Thank you for telling me the truth, instead of forcefully sealing me in that urn like the Taoist priest had done."


~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment