Translate 翻譯

Thursday 23 October 2014

The Whimsical Wizard of Oz-1 夢回奧茲-1

One warm, sunny, Saturday morning, a girl named Dorothy and her puppy- Toto, was walking to a friend's house together. 

在風和日麗的星期六早晨,一個名叫陶樂絲的女孩兒和她的狗-托托一起走在往朋友家的路上。

Unfortunately, Dorothy was busily tapping on her smartphone and did not notice that there was a hole in front of her way, left over from an unfinished construction site.

不幸的是,陶樂絲忙著在滑手機,沒有注意到在前方有一個因為未完成的工地所留下來的大洞。


Dorothy carelessly fell into the hole along with her puppy, which, having seen its master fall in, leapt in after her. 

陶樂絲不慎跌入了洞裏,托托看見牠的主人掉落,也跟著跳進洞裏。


Dorothy woke up to find herself lying in the middle of a path surrounded by colourful flowers. 

陶樂絲醒來後發現自己躺在一條被五顏六色的鮮花所環繞著的道路中央。

When she looked up, she was astonished to discover a sinister-looking woman dressed all in black, holding a long wand, staring down at her. 

當陶樂絲抬頭一望,她赫然發現一個看似邪惡的女人正在瞪著她。
那個女人身穿全黑色衣服、手裏還拿著跟長長的魔杖。

"Who are you?" the sinister-looking woman demanded in a high-pitched voice.

「妳是誰呀?」那個看似邪惡的女人用著高亢的聲音問道。

"Hi.....my name is Dorothy. I.....I think I am lost.....could you please kindly inform me where I am? All I remember is falling through a hole.....and...." Dorothy stood up and replied in a confused tone.

「妳好!我的名字是陶樂絲。我......我覺得我似乎是迷路了。可以請您告訴我:我現在在哪兒嗎?我只記得我掉入了一個洞....然後就甚麼都不記得了.....」陶樂絲一邊站起來,一邊詢問道。


"You rude girl! How dare you interrupt me whilst I'm on my errand!" The woman shouted furiously, "I see now that you are not only rude, but also insane! In case you did not realise, you are in the Kingdom of Oz; and I am the Evil Enchantress of the East. In order to punish you for interrupting me, I will turn you into a frog and cook you for dinner. Hahahahaha!" 

「妳這個沒禮貌的女孩兒!妳竟敢打擾我辦事兒!」那個女人生氣得大叫:「我看妳不只沒禮貌,還是個瘋子!妳現在在【奧茲王國】;而我呢,則是【東方壞巫婆】。好了,現在為了懲罰妳打擾我辦事兒,我要把妳變成一隻青蛙,來當我的晚餐。哈哈哈哈哈!」

Dorothy was quite taken aback by the weird manners of the woman, who claimed herself to be the Evil Enchantress of the East. 

陶樂絲被這個自稱是【東方壞巫婆】的女人的奇怪行為嚇了一跳。

"The Kingdom of Oz?" Dorothy thought to herself. "Where have I heard this name before? Aha! Isn't it the setting of my favourite book when I was a little girl- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz? How did I get here....."

「奧茲王國?」陶樂絲自言自語著說:「怎麼感覺這個名字似曾相似?啊!我知道了!這裡不就是我小時候最愛的書:【綠野仙蹤】的場景嗎?我怎麼會來到這兒呢?」

Dorothy didn't have enough time to think when the Evil Enchantress of the East started to chant, "Fee-fa-fu-fog, turn this rude girl into a delicious frog..."

陶樂絲還没想完,東方壞巫婆就開始嘴裏唸唸有詞兒:「吱吱喳喳、稀哩嘩啦,把這沒禮貌的女孩兒變青蛙!」


"Wait!" Dorothy, in her fit of panic and confusion, suddenly had an idea, so she quickly exclaimed, "Do you think that you are the only one that knows magic here? If you do, then you're horribly wrong, cause I know how to perform magic, too!" 

「等等!」陶樂絲在這緊要關頭突然想到了一個妙點子:「妳以為這裡只有妳會魔法呀?如果妳這麼想,那妳就大錯特錯了!因為我也會魔法!」

"What????" This time, it was the enchantress' turn to be shocked.

「甚麼??」這次換巫婆大吃一驚。

"If I really did go into the story of the Wonderful Wizard of Oz, that means no one would have seen a smartphone before, so this will definitely be able to fool her!" Dorothy thought to herself and then continued, "I.....I am able to sing a song without opening my mouth or making a sound!" 

「如果我真的來到了【綠野仙蹤】的故事裏,那表示這裡一定沒有人看過智慧型手機,所以我一定可以把她唬得一唬一愣的。」陶樂絲心想,然後繼續說道:「我....我不開口就可以唱歌!」

Dorothy quickly took out her smartphone and clicked on a random song for it to play. The enchantress was so flabbergasted that she was struggling to stand still, she exclaimed: "What kind of sorcery is this!?"

陶樂絲趕緊拿出她的智慧型手機然後點選播放一首歌。巫婆被嚇得都站不住了,然後驚訝得說:「這是什麼妖術呀?」

"And that is not all!" Dorothy declared, "I can also produce light!" 

「我還没說完呢!」陶樂絲繼續說道:「我還會發光呢!」


Dorothy clicked on the flashlight app and shone it in the face of the evil enchantress. 

陶樂絲這次又點選了手電筒的應用程式然後將燈光往巫婆的臉上一照。

To her astonishment, the evil enchantress suddenly let out a high-pitched scream and disappeared into thin air, leaving her black cloak, wand and crown behind. 

突然間,壞巫婆發出了一聲尖叫,然後就消失了!只留下她的黑斗篷、魔杖、和皇冠。

"Oh no! What have I done?" Dorothy exclaimed in wonder. 

「噢,天呀!我到底是做了甚麼?」陶樂絲驚訝得問道。

~To be Continued~

~待續~

No comments:

Post a Comment