Translate 翻譯

Friday 24 October 2014

The Whimsical Wizard of Oz-2 夢回奧茲-2

Suddenly, a fairy-like woman and 4 dwarfs appeared!

突然間,一個穿著像仙女的女人與四個小矮人出現了!

The fairy-like woman said with a sing-song voice: "Dorothy....your name is Dorothy, right? I guess I ought to introduce myself first, I am the Flower Fairy. I would like to thank you on behalf of our village for destroying the Evil Enchantress of the East. She has been a great pain to our village recently, casting spells to random people and turning people into frogs for her dinner....."

那個像仙女的女人用著唱歌般的聲音說:「陶樂絲....妳的名字是陶樂絲吧?我想我應該要自我介紹一下:我是花仙子。我要代表村裏的村民們謝謝妳,幫我們消滅了邪惡的東方壞巫婆。最近,她常常來我們村裏亂,隨便亂施法術,把村民們變成青蛙當晚餐吃....」


"Did you say that I destroyed her?" Dorothy replied with a surprised look. 

「妳說我消滅了她?」陶樂絲驚訝得說。

"Yes, indeed you did," continued the Flower Fairy, "as the eyes of the Evil Enchantress of the East were extremely afraid of light, she only ever came out at night. When you shone the light on her face, her evil powers have been destroyed. You are indeed very powerful to be able to destroy her evil powers, how are you able to possess such great powers at such an early stage in your life?"

「是的,妳的確消滅了她。」花仙子繼續說:「邪惡的東方壞巫婆的眼睛非常怕光,所以她只有晚上才會出現。剛剛妳將那個強光照在壞巫婆的眼睛上時,她的邪惡法力就統統被消滅了。妳的法力實在太強大了,才能消滅壞巫婆。妳為何在小小年紀就能擁有這麼強大的法力呢?」


"Oh no! You have quite mistaken!" Dorothy quickly began to explain everything, "What I told her about my magic powers are all lies, actually, it is all because of this phone. Look! Really, it isn't anything to be fascinated about!"

「噢,不!是妳誤會了!」陶樂絲連忙解釋道:「我告訴她我有魔法那些都是騙人的!其實,那不是什麼魔法,只不過是這隻手機啦!妳看!這真的没甚麼!」

"It really looks like you possess great magical powers!" The Flower Fairy, unable to understand Dorothy's explanation, was still convinced about her previous assumption. 

「看來,妳還真的擁有強大的法力呀!」花仙子還是無法理解陶樂絲的解說,還是認為她之前的想法是對的。

Dorothy was about to explain more, but eventually gave up as no one will be able to understand. 

陶樂斯原本還想繼續解釋,但是想想好像也没有人會理解,於是終究決定作罷。


Dorothy started to tap on her smartphone again, but discovered that there was no internet! She started to miss home, and thought to herself: "In the story of the Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Dorothy eventually got home by using the shoes from the Wicked Witch of the East......however, for my case, the Evil Enchantress of the East did not leave a pair of shoes for me, instead, she left a black cloak, a wand and a crown......Perhaps, if I say the spell from the story to one of these items, they'll take me home!" 

陶樂絲又開始滑手機了,但是她赫然發現那邊居然沒有網路!她開始好想家,並且開始回憶:「在【綠野仙蹤】的故事裏,陶樂絲最後是使用東方壞巫婆的鞋子回到堪薩斯州的.....但是,我遇到的東方壞巫婆並沒有留給我一雙鞋呀!她只留下了一個黑斗篷、一根魔杖和一個皇冠.......說不定,只要我對這些東西念故事裏所寫的那段咒語,它們就會帶我回家了!」

Therefore, Dorothy started to try on each item left there by the enchantress and chant the spell that was written in the book: "North, East, South, West; Take me home, cause home's the best!"

於是,陶樂絲開始把壞巫婆留下的東西一一拿來試試,並且開始念咒:「東南西北都很好,終究還是家最好!」

However, to her dismay, nothing has happened! She was still standing there, with Toto and the Flower Fairy staring at her as if she has something stuck on her face. 

可是,竟然甚麼事兒都没發生!她依舊和托托站在那裡,花仙子用著奇怪的眼神看著陶樂絲,好像她臉上有黏著飯粒一般。

The Flower Fairy kindly asked: "May I help you?"

花仙子親切的問:「有甚麼我可以幫忙的嗎?」

Dorothy, although extremely disappointed, hasn't entirely given up yet, grabbed hold of the opportunity and asked the Flower Fairy: "Excuse me, as you might be able to see, I am not from this place, I come from Kansas, a state in the USA; do you happen to know how I am able to get back home?"

陶樂絲雖然有些失望但沒絕望,她抓緊機會趕緊詢問花仙子:「不好意思,妳可能也看得出來,我不是妳們這兒的人。我是從美國的一州~堪薩斯州來的。妳知道我要怎麼樣才能回家嗎?」

"I am very sorry.....but no.......I have no idea where Kansas is!" The Flower Fairy responded thoughtfully, "However, I know a person that may know an answer to your question......"

「噢,不,我非常的抱歉,但是我不知道堪薩斯州在哪裡耶!」花仙子沉思著說:「但是,我知道一個人說不定能夠幫妳......」

"Oh no! Don't tell me to go and see the Wizard of Oz!" Dorothy exclaimed in frustration.

「天啊!妳該不會叫我去見奧茲國的巫師吧!?」陶樂絲生氣得說。

"How did you know who I was going to say?" The Flower Fairy inquired astonishingly. 

「妳是怎麼知道我要說的就是他?」花仙子驚訝得問道。

"Cause I've read......" Dorothy was about to say that she has read the Wonderful Wizard of Oz, but thought better of it, and started muttering to herself under her breath, "Maybe I shouldn't tell her too much...or else she'll judge me to be insane like the Evil Enchantress of the East did. And anyhow, maybe the story isn't completed accurate! At least, up to now, none of it is correct: I didn't come by a cyclone, I didn't kill the wicked witch of the east by my house crushing upon her, and I didn't meet the Good Witch of the North, instead I met this Flower Fairy that knows nothing....urrrrr......"

「因為我讀過.....」陶樂絲正要說她讀過【綠野仙蹤】時,覺得這不是一個好方法,然後便開始喃喃自語:「說不定我不該告訴她太多.....不然她也會和東方壞巫婆一樣覺得我瘋了。況且,說不定故事裏講得也不是全是正確的。目前沒有一項是正確的:我不是被龍捲風帶來這裡的、我没用房子把東方壞巫婆壓死、我也没遇到北方好巫婆,而是遇到這個一問三不知的花仙子......噁噁噁~~~~~」

"Perhaps this black cloak of the Evil Enchantress is able to ensure your safety on your way to find the Great Wizard of Oz." The Flower Fairy kindly suggested after she perceived Dorothy muttering to herself. "And you can get there by following this path - known as the Yellow Brick Road. Good luck!"

「說不定東方壞巫婆的這個斗蓬能夠在妳去尋找偉大的奧茲巫師的旅途上確保妳的安全。」當花仙子發現陶樂絲正在那兒喃喃自語時,好心的建議說:「而且妳只要沿著黃磚道路就一定能找到他。祝妳好運!」


After the Flower Fairy has finished, she disappeared and left Dorothy alone with Toto. 

花仙子說完後便消失了,留下陶樂絲和托托在黃磚道路上。

"Toto, let's go find that Wizard, maybe he really can help us get back home." Dorothy, with the enchantress' black cloak on her shoulders, said to Toto; and they commenced their journey on the Yellow Brick Road. 

「托托,咱們一起走去尋找那個巫師吧!不一定他真的能夠幫助我們回家呢!」陶樂絲穿著東方壞巫婆的斗篷和托托一起踏上尋找巫師之旅。

~To be Continued~

~待續~

No comments:

Post a Comment