Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 16 February 2022

Playmobil Detectives: Saigon Love Story-1

One cloudy spring afternoon, Shaun Lee was working alone on analyzing data for his experiment in his office. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and entered an Asian woman wearing a green mini skirt, red camisole, and with heavy make-up and dyed golden hair in a braid. 

"Are you Shaun Lee?" enquired the woman.

"Yes, I am," replied Shaun, who barely looked up from his work. "Are you one of my tutorial students? If you're handing in your solutions to problem sheets, just drop them in my pigeon hole. No need to visit my office personally."

"No, excuse me! Do I look like a physics student?" answered the woman, rolling her eyes. "I'm Thao, a first year anthropology student. I'm here to consult your boss."

"My boss? I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean," responded the bewildered Shaun. "If you mean my supervisor, he's currently away on a trip. But I don't understand why an anthropology student would want to consult my supervisor."

"Are you stupid or something? Do I have to spell everything out? No wonder you're only the assistant!" snapped Thao irritably. "Look, I know that you and your boss - Mr. Jeffrey Donovan are working as detectives to solve supernatural mysteries. I happen to be encountering a mystery myself and would like to consult your boss. Get it, nerd?"

"Okay, I see where you're going, but I need to get some things straight," said Shaun. "Yes, Jeffrey and I are indeed working as amateur supernatural detectives but no, Jeffrey is not my boss nor I his assistant. We're partners and we work together to solve the mysteries. I don't know how you got the impression that I'm his assistant, if it's because I'm Asian so I must be the assistant, then shame on you, because you're Asian too, so you should know better than to have such prejudices! But anyways, Jeffrey is currently working in a museum, so it's the same if you let me know what your problem is."

"I don't believe you! This blog here says it all! See?" said Thao as she showed Shaun a blog on her phone that writes about all the details of all the cases the detectives had solved, right at the beginning from "Revenge of the Ghost Samurais" to the latest case "Taipei Love Story". However, the blog had a biased viewpoint that shaped Jeffrey as the genius detective that solved all the cases with minor help from his assistant Shaun.

"Well, I don't know who wrote this blog but this isn't true," shrugged Shaun.

"I don't care! I insist on seeing Mr. Jeffrey Donovan," insisted Thao.

Unable to persuade Thao into believing the unfair partiality of the story, Shaun decided to call Jeffrey, a history graduate who was at that moment examining an old antique monocular in the museum in which he worked when he received Shaun's call. 

"Hey, what's up, Shaun?" answered Jeffrey. "I'm kinda busy here."

"Well, I was busy as well before this rude girl, who claimed to be experiencing some supernatural encounters and insisted on consulting my 'boss' - the genius detective Jeffrey Donovan, interrupted my work. She read a blog about us and refused to believe my words about us being equals, so would not entrust her experience with me alone. Do you know who's the author of this biased blog?" asked Shaun, raising his eyebrow. 

"Erm......well......no, I don't know what blog she means," stuttered Jeffrey. "Anyways, is she hot? If she's hot, you should forgive her rudeness!"

"Well, people have different standards of beauty, so you should really come over here and see for yourself. Plus, I fail to see the connection between hotness and rudeness!" replied Shaun, who was starting to lose his patience. "Are you coming or not? I'd rather we refuse this case as I've got tons of work to do right now such that I really don't have time to deal with rude people."

"No, wait! Fine, I'll be there in half an hour, ok?" answered Jeffrey.

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment