Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 23 February 2022

Playmobil Detectives: Saigon Love Story-2

After half an hour, Jeffrey arrived at Shaun's office and the three people sat down with a coffee in the common room to discuss about their case. 

"Guess what, Jeff? I found out the author of that blog. Would you like to know?" asked Shaun sarcastically.

"Fine, I plead guilty. I wrote that blog, ok?" replied Jeff. "Everything else apart from the part about you being my assistant is true. That was only for effect so people will be intrigued. Fine, I'll update it to correct everything, happy? But how did you find out it was me?"

"Well, this isn't rocket science," answered Shaun. "The only person that could've known so much detail about our cases are the two of us. And I didn't write it, so it must be you. Simple! Furthermore, the author's name, John Davis has the same initials as you. If you're trying to conceal your identity, at least make an effort to make it less obvious!"

"Whatever! I'm sorry, ok?" said Jeffrey unapologetically. "Anyways, we shouldn't keep this lovely lady waiting. What's your name?"

"I'm Thao! I've been wanting to meet you after reading that blog and my dream actually came true! OMG, I can't believe I'm actually talking to the great detective Mr Donovan," answered Thao in such a different attitude than what she showed towards Shaun that made the latter quite speechless.

"Please, just call me Jeff," responded Jeff as he gave Shaun the 'dayum-she's-hot-look'. "What is that you'd like to consult us about?"

"Actually, my family back home has been encountering some unexplainable supernatural mystery recently, and I was wondering if you could help me?" replied Thao. "It's happening in my house in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam....."  

After Thao had explained her family's encounters, both detectives agreed to help her solve the mystery, however with different reasons of their own. Jeffrey agreed because "Thao's too hot to refuse" to put it in his own words, and Shaun agreed because he was extremely curious about the mystery.

Thus, on the following week, Shaun and Jeffrey headed to the airport for their flight to Ho Chi Minh City along with Shaun's Taiwanese cousin - Blythe, who was a fresher at their university. 

"I still don't get it, why does this have to involve Blythe and Tiffany?" asked Jeffrey irritably after they saw the familiar figure of Tiffany, Jeffrey's cousin Eliza's high school classmate waving at them at the airport. "I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a pleasure to have Blythe with us, but why is Tiffany here as well?"

"This is somewhat complicated, let me explain," elucidated Shaun. "I told my sister Claire about this and she told her classmate Tiffany, who insisted that we board her private jet there after hearing that you said Thao was hot. Blythe is here because Tiffany invited her."

"I don't understand what's wrong with Tiffany," complained Jeffrey. "She knows she's not my cuppa tea but it seems like she's never gonna giving up."

"Well, on the bright side, we can all save up on the expensive fees of the long-haul flight as Tiffany kindly offered to pay for all the expenses for us," responded Blythe. "If you cannot admire her efforts, you've got to at least appreciate them, Jeff."

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment