Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 14 August 2024

Playmobil Detectives: The Demon's Jade-14

After having discovered that someone was about to enter the room, Shaun quickly glanced around and his eyes rested on a large wardrobe on the far side of the room. As agile as a cat, Shaun dashed across the room, opened the door of the wardrobe and hid inside. Just when Shaun had barely closed the door of the wardrobe, he perceived the sound of the hotel room door opening. Peering from a tiny crack of the wardrobe door, Shaun perceived Mr Park entering the room, flicking through his books and appearing to be searching for something. Shaun could hear his own heartbeat thudding deafeningly like a stampede of buffaloes as he tried his best to quieten his own sound of breathing. 

"Shibal, where has the damned book gone?" cursed the frustrated Mr Park in Korean. "I remember I left it on my desk." In fact, Shaun had grabbed hold of the ancient manuscript and brought it with him inside the wardrobe.  


"I'll check the study room again," murmured Mr Park as he stormed out of the room angrily after he was unable to locate his desired object. 

"Phew! That was so close!" thought Shaun, wiping away beads of sweat from his forehead.

Only after making sure that Mr Park's footsteps had completely died away did Shaun dare to emerge from his hiding place. Then, he cautiously waited for some time before he sneaked out of Mr Park's room.

After having returned his 'borrowed' set of uniform to the staffroom, Shaun returned to his room to digest what he had learnt so far. Jeffrey was still nowhere to be found. 

"I have to call Blythe and ask her opinion about this case," thought Shaun as he video-called his Taiwanese cousin, who was an expert in Taoist traditions. "I know for sure that Mr Park is trying to resurrect an evil wizard, but what I don't know is, what I can do if he succeeds."


A few hours later, Shaun was at the airport picking up Blythe, who flew to Busan from Taipei straightaway after hearing Shaun's recount of what happened. 

"Blythe, this is far too dangerous! You shouldn't have insisted to fly here. I didn't want to involve you, I just wanted to ask for your opinion," said Shaun after seeing Blythe's familiarly dainty figure at the arrivals area. "Both my mum and aunty will kill me if they know I'm about to involve my cousin in such a dangerous situation."

"Just because it's too dangerous, I can't possibly leave you to handle this all by yourself," replied Blythe. "You just don't have enough experience dealing with this kind of situation. Besides, I've already consulted grandma about this. Don't worry! She has taught me what to do in case the wizard actually gets resurrected. I've brought the necessary things here with me. Without these instruments, we won't be able to replicate the ritual."

"Wait, what instruments and what ritual are you talking about?" enquired the confused Shaun. "I thought you're only here to help me save Jeff, not to perform some odd ritual! Listen, even if the evil wizard gets resurrected and decides to take over the world, there's nothing we can possibly do. All we can do right now is make sure that no harm comes to Jeff."

"It's a complicated story, I'll explain it to you on the way to the hotel," answered Blythe as she waved her hand to hire a taxi at the airport exit. 


~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment