Translate 翻譯

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Chrysanthemum on the Cliff-5 懸崖上的小雛菊-5

Pointing her bony finger at Gerald, Mrs. Noir shrieked aggressively, "You clumsy boy! How dare you break my favourite vase! Did you know how precious this is? This comes from my ancestors who were once rich enough to buy this valuable Chinese Blue-Porcelain Vase, which was imported all the way from the Chinese Qing Empire, that dates back to the late 1700s. Do you know what a piece of artwork it is?" her nostrils flared and eyes flash angrily, "And now, it's destroyed by your barbaric hands!!!!"

諾媧太太用她那細細的手指著傑瑞德,憤怒的大駡:「你這個笨拙的小孩,竟敢打破我最愛的花瓶!你知道這有多珍貴嗎?這是從我的祖先那兒代代相傳的傳家之寶呀!以前,我的祖先可是很富裕的~近兩百年前,他們遠從中國的大清帝國進口了這個青花瓷。你知道它是一個多美的藝術品嗎?」說到這裡,諾媧太太的眼睛便瞪得好大。「現在,居然被你這雙粗鄙的手給摧毀了!!!」

"I am extremely sorry, Mrs. Noir, however....." Gerald apologised.

「我非常抱歉,諾媧太太,可是......」傑瑞德道歉說。

"What's the use of you being sorry?" the frustrated Mrs. Noir bellowed at the top of her voice, "The vase is already broken, nothing can repair it's former beauty! And what else do you have to say? However what?"

「你抱歉有甚麼用?」生氣的諾媧太太破口大駡道:「花瓶都已經打破了,難道它還會回復它原本的容貌嗎?你還有甚麼話要說?可是甚麼?」



"As I said before, Mrs. Noir, I am extremely sorry that your vase is broken, however, I regret to say that it is not entirely my fault that it is broken." Gerald cautiously continued, "In fact, I was sweeping the floor when Master Noir suddenly appeared to scare me, which was what caused me to accidentally knock it off the shelf......"

「我剛剛是要說:諾媧太太,我非常的抱歉,可是,這並不全然是我的錯呀!」傑瑞德小心翼翼的回答道。「其實,剛剛我在打掃時,少爺突然出現,我嚇了一跳,纔不小心撞到在架子上的花瓶.....」

Without warning, Mrs. Noir walked over to Gerald and slapped him on the face. Tears immediately swelled up in poor Gerald's eyes. 

突然,諾媧太太走向傑瑞德,狠狠的賞了他一記耳光。眼淚當場在可憐的傑瑞德的眼裏打轉。

"You ungrateful, shameless, liar!" Mrs. Noir shouted through gritted teeth. "How dare you blame something you've done on my poor Aaron! Get lost from my sight right now, you injudicious, treacherous babarian!" 

「你這個忘恩負義,不知羞恥的大騙子!」諾媧太太咬牙切齒的說。「你竟敢把你自己犯的錯推到我兒子身上!現在馬上給我離開我的視線,你這個野蠻人!」


After Mrs. Noir has finished her insults, she stomped up the stairs to Gerald's bedroom on the cellar, grabbed hold of all his belongings, excluding the broken ship, stuffed them in his carpet bag and threw it out of the door. 

諾媧太太辱駡完後,便氣沖沖的衝上樓,把傑瑞德的隨身物品統統丟進他的袋子裏(除了壞掉的船以外),並把它丟出門外。

"But Mrs. Noir, what I said was true! I am not trying to blame everything on Master Noir, please let me explain...." Gerald pleaded. 

「可是,諾媧太太,我没有說謊啊!我也不是要把所有的錯都怪到少爺身上,請讓我解釋呀......」傑瑞德懇求道。

"Enough of your nonsense, I don't want to see you ever again!!" Mrs. Noir snorted as she slammed the door behind Gerald, leaving him standing there alone with his carpetbag in the middle of the yard. 

「夠了!我再也不想看到你了!」諾媧太太用力地將大門關上,留傑瑞德一個人愣在院子裏。

Meanwhile, everything was quietly observed by the smirking Aaron from his bedroom window upstairs.

這些事情被在樓上房間的窗户觀望的艾倫看得一清二楚,他冷笑著。


After being chucked out of the Noirs' house, Gerald, dragging his carpetbag behind him, wandered into the forest, with tears all over his face. 

被丟出諾媧家後,淚流滿面的傑瑞德拖著沉重的袋子,走進了森林裏。

"What have I done wrong?" Gerald's mind was full of questions whilst quietly sobbing, "Is telling the truth a bad thing? Why does Mrs. Noir always treat me so badly? Am I really that hateful?"

「我是做錯了甚麼?」傑瑞德的心裏充滿了疑惑。「難道說實話也有錯?為什麼諾媧太太要這樣對我?難道我這麼討人厭嗎?」

Despite being a bit glad to leave the Noirs, Gerald had absolutely no idea of his destination and where he was going to spend the night. 

雖然有些慶幸離開了諾媧一家,傑瑞德卻絲毫不知道他下個目的地是哪裡,也不清楚那天晚上要在哪兒過夜。

~To be Continued~

~待續~

No comments:

Post a Comment