Translate 翻譯

Friday 8 January 2016

Playmobil Detectives: Hospital Scandal-5 摩比神探之醫院醜聞-5

On the following morning, whilst Jeffrey was chatting with the doctor, ready to be discharged, Shaun was searching on his laptop.

隔天早上,傑佛瑞在跟女醫生聊天、準備辦理出院手續時,孝恩正忙著在筆電上找資料。

"Aha! Good, he wasn't lying!" Shaun muttered to himself, after searching online for 'the history of Pearson-Malone Hospital' and finding a picture of the co-founder Mr Malone to be exactly matching the figure of the old man's ghost they met last night. 

「很好,他沒有說謊!」孝恩查詢了『皮爾森-馬龍醫院的歷史』後,發現了發起人之一的馬龍先生的相片和他們昨天遇見的老先生的鬼魂長得一模一樣時,喃喃自語道。

"So, now we have proven that the ghost of this hospital is not the wraith of the dead patient caused by Mr Malone's surgical malpractice, but instead, is Mr Malone himself." Shaun thought to himself. "And the reason of his resignation, according to Mr Malone's ghost himself, was due to the news of his illegitimate daughter, who had been the consequence of his relationship before his marriage with this lady named Rachel Adler. But who would want to spread this false rumour?"

「好了,現在我們證明了醫院的鬼魂不是因馬龍先生的醫療疏失而不幸身亡的病患的怨靈,而是馬龍先生本人!」孝恩想著。「而根據他本人,他會離職的原因是因為聽到了他在婚前和一位名為瑞裘・艾德勒的女人的一段戀情所誕生的私生女的消息。但是,誰會故意造謠聲勢呢?」




"Rachel Adler was my first love," Mr Malone's ghost explained to them on the previous night, after he had woken Shaun up, "We were in a serious relationship, we were even engaged when we were forced to break off our engagement due to the strong opposition of her father, who wished her to marry a wealthy gentleman in Scotland, instead of a poor fellow like me back then. I guess she was forbidden to contact with me in any form, so I have never heard of her ever since our engagement was broken off. It wasn't until a week before my death that I have heard of the existence of her daughter. By then, Rachel has already gone to heaven. By the calculation of her age, Angela Adler is our daughter! I planned to let her inherit my entire inheritance, as me and my wife had no children of our own, to which Susan (my wife) kindly consented. I have set a deadline on my inheritance that, if forty years after my will was signed, Angela did not come to claim it, it will all go to charity. I have always thought that Angela didn't want my inheritance, but I only recently discovered that she has never had the chance to hear about me, let alone acknowledge the inheritance! Unfortunately, three days after today, the time will be up. Please, find my daughter before the deadline is up! You're my only and last hope! Because only you can see me!"

「瑞裘・艾德勒是我的初戀。」馬龍先生的鬼魂前一天晚上把孝恩叫醒後說。「我們當時都訂婚了,只是我們被瑞裘的父親給被迫拆散了。他希望女兒嫁給蘇格蘭旺族而不是當年還是窮小子的我。我想是因為他爸爸不准她聯絡我,所以我們被拆散後我就再也沒聽過她的消息了。直到我死前的一個星期前我才聽到她女兒的消息。那時,瑞裘早已升天了。經過了我的計算,安潔拉・艾德勒是我們的女兒!我計劃著讓安潔拉繼承我所有的財產,因為我和我太太並沒有自己的孩子;我太太蘇珊也慷慨地答應了。我設了一個期限:若在我的遺書成立的四十年後,安潔拉沒有來領取,它將會自動被捐贈到慈善基金會。我一直以為安潔拉不希望繼承我的財產,直到不久前才得知原來她根本沒有機會聽過有我這號人物,更不知道遺產這回事。不幸的是,距離今天的三天後,期限就到了。請你一定要在這之前找到我的女兒。拜託了!你是我唯一也是最後的希望了!因為,只有你看得到我!」



"Jeff, come and take a look at this," Shaun said after making sure that the doctor has left the room.

「傑佛瑞,你看看這個!」孝恩確認了醫生已經離開了後說。

"What about it? It's the Facebook page of Nadia Evans, the girl whom I accidentally crashed into with my car, which was why I was here in the first place! Anything special?" Jeffrey said as he looked at the webpage Shaun showed him.

「然後呢?這是娜迪雅・伊文絲,也就是我開車時差點撞上的那個女生的臉書,她也是我為什麼會來這間醫院的原因!有什麼特別的嗎?」傑佛瑞看著孝恩給他看的頁面說。

"You mean the woman who fancies you, which was why she insisted you on getting a full health checkup despite you saying you were fine?" Shaun joked.

「你是說,明明你就好好的還堅持要你來醫院做全身健康檢查、其實暗戀著你的女人嗎?」孝恩開玩笑道。

"Shaun, first of all, no, she does not fancy me. She is merely concerned!" Jeffrey insisted as he rolled his eyes, "Secondly, she's three years older than me. Why would I like her? Look, I know tadpoling is the trend these days, but......anyways, get to the point! What are you trying to say?"

「孝恩,聽好了:其一,她沒有暗戀我。她只是關心我!」傑佛瑞翻白眼說。「其二,她比我大三歲耶!我怎麼可能喜歡她!我知道最近姐弟戀很流行,可是......啊!不說了,講重點!你到底要說什麼?」

"This is her grandma!" Shaun said as he clicked into her 'relatives' page.

「這是她外婆!」孝恩點入『家人』頁面後說。

"So? I haven't even met her parents, why would I go and look at the Facebook page of her grandma, Shaun, stop imagining that......." Jeffrey suddenly stopped in mid-sentence as he discovered the maiden name of Nadia Evans' grandma is no other than Angela Adler.

「然後呢?我連他的父母都還沒見過,怎麼會去看她外婆的臉書?孝恩,別在想像......」傑佛瑞頓時停止說話,因為他發現娜迪雅・伊文絲外婆的名字不是別的,而是安潔拉・艾德勒。

"Looks like you were destined to be together!" Shaun jested as he packed his things, ready to enter the parking area to get his car.

「看來你們還真有緣啊!」孝恩邊說邊收拾東西,準備到地下室開車去。

~To be Continued~

~待續~

No comments:

Post a Comment