Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Playmobil Detectives: Island of the Spectres-21

After dinner, Jeffrey returned to their room to get their flashlight, in case he would need it to fix the heater in Nadia's room. As Jeffrey was searching in the drawers, Shaun enquired. "Shall I go with you?" 

"Nah, I can manage on my own," responded Jeffrey absentmindedly. 

"Erm, Jeff, I have something that I'm not sure if I should tell you or not," said Shaun, a bit reluctantly. 

"Go ahead, but don't take too long, Klaudia's waiting," answered Jeffrey, who, by then, has already found what he was looking for. 

"Yesterday, after you fell asleep, I've encountered a ghost by our window, which motioned for me to come forward," recounted Shaun slowly. "Then, when I did walk closer, I became very dizzy and entered into a dream-like world, probably the conscious of the ghost. Apparently, when the ghost was still alive, he was also invited to this place and....." 

"And what? Get to the point!" interrupted Jeffrey impatiently. 

"Fine! So..... many things happened, and at the end of the first night, he was killed," Shaun stopped there as he perceived Jeffrey's questioning look, then he continued. "He was killed by........Klaudia, who is apparently a vampire. She sucked all his blood dry and......."

"Ok, stop!" shouted Jeffrey. "Why are you telling me this? That's just a dream! How can there possibly be a relation between this stupid dream and reality, in which Klaudia is such a sweet girl that I'm incapable of imagining her to be any sort of vampire. Ok, maybe a sexy one like in the movies or something, which doesn't exist in real life." 

"Yeah, I mean..... I'm not sure about the reliability of this either. But you can ask the ghost whom I saw last night, in fact, it's standing right behind you now," replied Shaun as he pointed to the ghostly figure standing behind Jeffrey. Nevertheless, the ghost vanished into thin air the moment Jeffrey turned around. 


Without warning, Jeffrey turned back towards Shaun and punched him right in the face, causing his glasses to fly across the room, which fortunately, landed on his bed. "Enough of your pathetic lies!" yelled Jeffrey at the top of his voice. "You were just jealous of Klaudia's feelings towards me, so you keep making up horrible things about her, and now I won't let you stop me going to her room." After this explosion, Jeffrey stomped out, leaving Shaun standing there, stupefied. 

Shaun walked across the room to his bed to pick up his glasses, after putting which on, he perceived that the ghost appeared again, this time, near the wardrobe. The ghost motioned Shaun to go forward again.

"What now? Haven't you had enough after seeing me get punched by my mate?" asked Shaun. However, the ghost continued to motion for him to go over. So, Shaun sighed and followed it. 

As Shaun got to the wardrobe, the ghost pointed to the bottommost drawer and then disappeared. Anonymous but omnipotent, a force compelled him to bend down and open that drawer. 

Conquered by curiosity, Shaun opened it. Then, to his utter amazement, a section of the wall rotated so that, in the place of the wardrobe, a cupboard appeared, on which perched an ancient book with golden pages that was opened to a specific page, as if awaiting someone to read it.

After quickly skimming through the content of the page, Shaun's face turned as pale as the ghost that he had previously encountered.

What exactly was written on those pages that had caused such a huge shock to Shaun?

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment