Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 2 June 2021

Playmobil Fairy Tales: The Adventures of Cinderella-16

In the blink of an eye, Cinderella had finished the table full of food that was served by Mrs. Ouest.

"Do you have anymore food, Mrs. Ouest? I'm still starving," enquired Cinderella, whose appetite was not so easy to fulfill.

"Yes, of course, my dear," answered the wicked witch, delighted that Cinderella had eaten all of the food which was intended to fatten her up so the witch could have a delicious supper by cooking Cinderella.

The wicked witch quickly served another table of food, including sundaes, peppermint ice creams, strawberry-flavoured doughnuts and a plate full of chocolate chip cookies.

"Let's make a bet," said Cinderella calmly, as she was slowly munching on the sweet chocolate chip cookies. "Don't assume that I am stupid enough to not notice what you're up to."

The pretentious witch looked at Cinderella innocently. "My darling, what are you talking about?"

"Do you think I haven't read the story of 'Hansel and Gretel'?" responded Cinderella, eyeing the witch suspiciously. "I can tell that you are just like the wicked witch in there. You're trying to fatten me up so you can cook me for supper. Am I not right?"

"No way, I'm.... I'm just a normal woman," stuttered Mrs. Ouest, surprised that Cinderella was clever enough to discover her secret.

"Don't try and fool me," responded Cinderella. "I saw you using magic to close the door of the patisserie after we came in. You were in here the whole time, but you simply used magic to make yourself invisible, right?"

Just when Mrs. Ouest was about to deny Cinderella's accusations, Cinderella continued. "Let's make a deal. If I'm able to finish every single pastry that you have to offer in your shop, then you set me and my friends free. If I am unable to do so, then I can become your supper, but you have to set my friends free."

At first, the sinister witch was reluctant to agree to the conditions set out by Cinderella. Nevertheless, after some serious contemplation, she thought to herself. "What are the chances that this girl can eat up all my pastries? Very low! I have so much food in this shop! Plus, I can always break my promise." Thus, the witch finally agreed in the end. 



Nonetheless, in the blink of an eye, Cinderella finished all the food on the table again. The wicked witch went downstairs and brought more food upstairs. This time, there were ham and egg sandwiches and a whole cheesecake. Without even stopping to take a breath or even to burp, Cinderella soon finished all the food once again. For eating was Cinderella's only forte, after all.

The witch brought up more food and Cinderella finished it. The process had repeated for three more times when the witch eventually quietly announced that she had no more food in her shop.

"So, it looks like I've won, then," said Cinderella, wiping her mouth triumphantly.

"Not so fast, young lady! I'm a wicked witch, do you think I will keep my promise?" snarled the wicked witch as she slowly advanced towards Cinderella, her claw-like hands were extended towards Cinderella and her mouth was wide open, showing her jagged teeth. 

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment