Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 4 August 2021

Playmobil Fairy Tales: The Adventures of Cinderella-25

After around half an hour in the luxurious coach, Cinderella in her dazzling dress arrived at the grand palace, where the royal ball would take place. Checking her watch, Cinderella let out a sigh of relief and thought to herself:
 "Phew! I'm not late. In fact, I am half an hour early. There is still plenty of time for me to get ready, for first impressions are of the utmost importance." 

Mr. Knight helped Cinderella alight the coach. 
"Goodbye, my dear Ms. Cinderella. I wish you all the very best," said the knight jovially. "It was so great to meet such a good friend as you. I have learnt so much from you!"

"Thank you for your wishes, Mr. Knight," answered Cinderella. "I would say the same - it was great meeting you. Where are you going now?"

"I am going to rescue the sleeping princess from the nefarious enchantress," replied the knight with great determination. "I will wait for the good news from you - don't forget to invite me to your wedding, Ms. Cinderella."

"I definitely won't forget you," responded Cinderella as she blushed slightly. "Same for you - I will wait for your good news. Do let me know when you and the sleeping princess' wedding will be. I will be sure to attend it."

"Of course!" said Mr. Knight. "Well, I won't detain you any longer, Ms. Cinderella. Farewell and enjoy thyself!"

After bidding farewell to the knight, Cinderella followed one of the palace guards and walked elegantly into the grand hall, wherein the royal ball took place.



Nevertheless, upon entering the luxurious hall of the royal palace, Cinderella was extremely astonished to discover that the ball had already commenced. All the guests had already found a partner and were already dancing away merrily to the soothing waltz played by the royal band. No one noticed the entrance of Cinderella, who simply stood awkwardly by the doorway. In fact, as Cinderella had been inside the forest this past week, she was absolutely unaware of the new announcement stating that the starting of the ball would be moved forward by an hour.

Glancing around the room and perceiving countless beautiful ladies with grander and more fashionable dresses than hers, Cinderella started to panic. Indeed, some ladies were even slenderer than the present Cinderella. Nevertheless, the brave girl told herself to calm down.

"Do not panic, you can do this," thought Cinderella to herself as she clutched her silk dress tightly. "First, I need to locate the prince and find a way to get acquainted with him. The ball has only just started half an hour ago. Thus, it is quite improbable that the prince has already chosen his bride at such an early stage, so there is still chance for me to shine!"

Nonetheless, after glancing around the room again and again, Cinderella was still unable to locate anyone resembling the portrait of the prince which Ms. Vandertramp had hung in her bedchamber. What's going on?

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment