Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 11 August 2021

Playmobil Fairy Tales: The Adventures of Cinderella-26

After Cinderella was unable to find the prince, she started to panic. Nonetheless, just when she was uncertain about her future course of action, the music stopped, indicating a change of partners. 

"Now is my chance," thought Cinderella. "I will get acquainted with some random guy and ask him if he knows anything about where the prince is and what he's like."

Thus, after making up her mind, Cinderella grabbed hold of the perfect opportunity and glided elegantly towards a handsome fellow, whom she later discovered to be the son of a duke. 

"Good evening," curtseyed Cinderella.

"Good evening, my lady," answered the man, who was so bad at dancing that his previous partner had quickly abandoned him after the music had stopped. He was struggling to find a new partner when Cinderella appeared. "May I have the honour of dancing with you?"

"Yes, of course, why not?" Cinderella replied as she placed her hand on the young fellow's shoulder just when the music commenced. 

"May I have the honour of knowing your name?" enquired the young man as he became deeply attracted by Cinderella's boldness, which was unlike the pretended shyness of other girls. 

"I'm Cindy, how about you?" answered Cinderella, who was busily glancing around the hall in search of the prince, obviously not interested in knowing the name of the handsome guy in front of her.

"My name is Joseph," responded the young man. Just when he was about to say something more, Cinderella interrupted him. 

"Do you know where the host of this ball is? I mean the prince," questioned Cinderella. 

"No, I am afraid I do not," replied Joseph. "At the beginning, his majesty the King announced that his highness the prince will be slightly late as he is detained by some personal business."



Cinderella immediately grew silent upon learning the fact, and was exceedingly glad to finish the dance with Joseph after the music has stopped, as her feet were starting to swell after being stepped on by Joseph for countless times due to his lack of skill in dancing.

"There's no point in wasting my time in getting acquainted with other people," thought Cinderella to herself as she retired to a chaise longue facing the entrance of the hall on the pretext of feeling very tired. "It would be a better use of my time if I keep my focus on the entrance so I will be the first to notice when the prince entered. Then, I will glide over to his side and wait for him to invite me to a dance. Indeed, the best timing for the prince to enter would be when everyone was busy dancing, so no one would notice him."

Whilst sitting on the luxurious velvet chaise longue, Cinderella began to form a plan of how to approach the prince once he appears whilst keeping a close eye on the door. Nevertheless, several hours had passed and Cinderella still did not perceive anyone resembling the portrait of the prince which had hung in her bedroom. Cinderella was beginning to get frustrated and lose her temper when she smelled the fragrant aroma of delicious food.

"OMG! Food is being served!" exclaimed Cinderella inwardly as she perceived several servants with trolleys putting food on a large table in the style of a buffet.

"I need some chocolate cakes and dessert to calm myself down," thought Cinderella as she slowly advanced towards the long table full of delicious food.

Oh no! In her hunger and frustration at not finding the prince, Cinderella had completely forgotten the words of her fairy godmother!

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment