Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 5 April 2023

Playmobil Spies: 15 Again-6

 After a double period of DT class, it was finally the spies' favourite time at school - lunch time! 

"This is the time to ask around and see what people think about Ms. Verinder," whispered Claire as they are queuing to get their lunch in the canteen. 

Suddenly they discovered that the class representative in the student council, who name was Marianne, was queuing up in front of them. 

"Oh, hey! You are Clara and Lizzie, right?" said Marianne. "I'm Marianne, the student council representative of our class. Ms. Verinder asked me to be your buddy and show you around the school. How's everything going so far for you? Have you made any friends yet?"

"Everything's great, thanks," responded Claire politely. "It's a shame that you weren't in DT class with us. We didn't know anyone in that class - most of them seem not to be in our form."

"Yeah, year 10 is weird - we all do different subjects for GCSE, so it's hard to meet people in your form during normal lessons, except for PSHE," answered Marianne. 

"What subject do you do in that block?" enquired Eliza.

"I chose chemistry," answered Marianne. "But all the stuff on organic chemistry is so complicated I almost wish I've chosen DT instead."

"Science was my worst subject in KS3, so I'm only doing a combined science," said Claire. "You must be very interested in the subject to take chemistry."

"To be honest, I'm not a fan of science either," responded Marianne. "But my parents are both scientists, so they forced to me take all three sciences. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to cope though. It's only been 3 months since the start of term and I already feel like I'm struggling. I wish the science teachers were as good at teaching as Ms. Verinder."

"Ms. Verinder? Do you mean our form tutor?" enquired Eliza, pretending to act confused.

"Yeah, she teaches maths and she's such a good teacher," said Marianne.

"She seems so strict, though. She caught me chatting when we were supposed to be talking about alcohol and drug abuse and she literally glared at me," said Eliza as she shuddered. "What makes you think she's a good teacher?"

"She gives us extra lessons outside of class time," answered Marianne. "And for free as well."

"What's the point of extra classes though?" queried Claire as she exchanged a knowing glance with Eliza. "Surely, it's just the same thing she said in class but said again? I feel that maths isn't something you'll do well in if you listen to the teacher over and over again. If you don't get it, you won't get it no matter how many times you listen to the explanation. Whereas for history, if you hear something again and again, it actually helps you to memorise things."

"I see what you're saying, but.....it's different with Ms. Verinder," said Marianne hesitantly. 

"How do you mean?" questioned Claire.

"Well, it's hard to explain. She seems to be so much better at teaching in her private lessons than in school," replied Marianne. "You'll know what I'm saying after you've had a lesson with her. Everyone in the class have been to her extra lessons and everyone improved so much you wouldn't believe it! Even Ben, the worst student in the class got an A in his last test."

"Wow! It seems like magic!" exclaimed Eliza. 


 


Then, it was Marianne's turn to get her lunch. After they all got their lunch, Marianne went to sit with her usual table of friends and Claire and Eliza sat together alone in another table. 


"Well, I'll see you guys later in Maths, then," said Marianne.


"Hmmm, that seems too good to be true," said Claire after they sat down and she took a bite of her sandwich. "The worst student in the class getting an A in maths after going to Ms. V's extra lessons seems quite ridiculous."


"Either this class is already full of geniuses to start with, or there's something fishy going on around here," answered Eliza thoughtfully. 


"Well, I guess we'll soon be able to find out this afternoon," said Claire after glancing at her timetable. "We have a double period of Maths this afternoon with Ms. V."


"OMG, I hate Maths!" cried Eliza. "I thought I'd never have to deal with maths again in my life after I dropped it after GCSE."


"Lol, I remember you barely scraped a C in Maths, didn't you?" laughed Claire.


"Yes! And I'm proud that I got a C!" retorted Eliza. "I was predicted an E!"


~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment