Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 19 June 2019

Playmobil Detectives: Rapunzel - The Demon Ship-18

"There's only one possibility," said Shaun, trying to act calm. "Someone is playing a trick on us!"

"But, there're no one else here, except for the four of us!" replied Tiffany, bemused. "Surely, it can't be Jeffie!"

Shaun only shook his head. "I'm afraid someone, or should I say, something else is in this ship with us, and it doesn't seem to have come for peace," explicated Shaun, then he lowered his voice and continued. "From what we've encountered so far, I reckon that Rapunzel's ghost is still haunting this place."

"I have the exact same thought in mind," acquiesced Blythe. "I have a feeling that she's trying to prevent us from discovering something, that's why she kidnapped Jeffrey and took away the diary. There must be a secret she's trying to hide." 

"Wait, what? Jeffrey's kidnapped?" exclaimed Tiffany in shock. "OMFG, wtf does that b**** want from ma Jeffie!! I hope she doesn't tryna seduce him!"

"If we want to get Jeff back, we must figure out her secret to defeat her. There's no other way," deduced Shaun, knitting his eyebrows. "Wait, there must be a reason why she took away the ship log but nothing else. I mean....there must be something important in it...."

"The code!" exclaimed Blythe. "Remember the mysterious sequence of symbols? It must be trying to convey a message of some sort!" 

"Yeah, I guess you're right!" answered Shaun. "But, now that she's taken the diary away, there's no way of solving it."

As a response, Blythe turned around, grabbed a letter and a quill from the wardrobe. Then, she turned the paper over, with its plain side facing upwards, and started scribbling something. 

"No way!" exclaimed Shaun in disbelieve mingled with joy. "Don't tell me you memorised the code! You really are a genius, Blythe!"

"I do still remember the symbols written at the bottom of the pages which I have flicked through," answered Blythe. "It can at most be a part of the original message, but I reckon we'll be able to get the gist of the whole message if we can solve it!"

"OMG! You're my saviour!" This time, it was Tiffany's turn to exclaim in excitement. "I....I'll do anything for you if you can save ma Jeffie. I....I'll call you a genius, no I'll call you 'your highness' from now on. You're my queen! You're the be....." 

Before Tiffany could finish her sentence, they perceived someone knocking on the door. Knock, knock, knock. 

"Oh look who's back! It's ma Jeffie!" exclaimed Tiffany in ecstasy. "Hang on there, baby, I'll open the door for ya!" 

Indeed, through the little window of the door and under the dim, flickering light of the electronic oil-lamp, they could just about perceive a half-concealed figure, which looked a lot like Jeffrey standing outside the door. 

But, at that very moment, Shaun perceived that the figure doesn't have a shadow. He immediately grabbed Tiffany's arm to prevent her from dashing towards the door. 

"Whatcha doin', nerd?" yelled Tiffany angrily, trying to struggle free. "How dare you tryna stop me from saving ma Jeffie!"

"No! It's not Jeff standing out there," answered Shaun as he fished a piece of folded paper out of his pocket and unfolded it to reveal a Chinese Taoist magic charm written on it. 

"Grandma's magic charm!" declared Blythe.

"Yeah! I knew this would come in handy someday!" answered Shaun. 

Then, Shaun hurried over to the door and stuck the magic charm on it. "If this is really Jeffrey, he'll be able to come in by himself," explained Shaun to the bewildered Tiffany. "But if it's an evil spirit, it won't be able to enter this room one single step."

Then, at the conclusion of his speech, Shaun exclaimed, "Come in! The door is unlocked!"

Almost immediately, they perceived the door handle turning slightly, then they heard a shrill, deafening scream, similar to the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard, except that it was ten times louder, coming from the figure. Then, after persisting for some time, it disappeared into thin air in the blink of an eye. 

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment