Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 7 August 2019

Playmobil Spies: Alien Attack-1

One scorching autumn morning, Claire and Eliza, two final-year students at university, were jogging. 

"Oh gosh, I just remembered that I have a meeting with my superviser today at 2pm for my dissertation!" exclaimed Claire. 

"What's the title of your dissertation? Have you decided?" enquired Eliza as she wiped off beads of sweat from her forehead.

"No, I haven't! And that's the problem!" replied Claire, panting, despite having only started the jog ten minutes ago. "I've narrowed it down to two titles, but I'm torn between them. My superviser strongly advises me to choose the title: "How does the organisation of human resources increase profitability in the energy industry?", as he said it's much easier to get a high mark in. But I have absolutely no idea about the energy industry! I was more inclined to choose the one on the fashion industry, which we did our placement in last year, but my superviser said he won't be able to help me with that as he has no experience with it, and I'm not confident enough to do this without any help. I really need to get a good mark in this to graduate with a first! We're literally two weeks in, but I feel like I'm just so done with my final year already!" 

"Don't worry! At least you're aiming for a first!" responded Eliza. "I'm barely scraping off a two-one! Plus, I don't even get a choice for my dissertation! On Monday, I was allocated to the title: "The investigation of social communication and interaction in a large and diversified business organisation", which actually sounds so hopeless that I just wanna cry!"


"You know what? We have to stop! This heat wave is killing me!" panted Claire as she simply could not run one step more. "Oh, look! There's an ice-cream cart right there! Let's go get ourselves some ice-cream as a reward for working out!" 

"Claire, are you sure about this?" asked Eliza. "I mean, we've barely jogged for fifteen minutes, which didn't burn enough calories for even half a cone of ice-cream! I thought you're the one that's determined to stick to a strict diet!" 

"Whatever! I'll just start tomorrow!" replied Claire as she half-pushed her friend towards the long queue in front of the ice-cream cart. "This weather is just unbearable, my workload is unbearable, my weight is unbearable and right now, nothing in life seems bearable. So, I really have to eat something sweet to raise my spirits." 


"Speaking of the weather, don't you feel that it's unusually hot at this time of the year?" said Eliza. "I mean, it's nearly October, and it's still over 30 degrees! Since when has this ever happened? Yeah, I understand about global warming and climate change and all that, but isn't this a bit too far?" 

"I agree! There are heat waves all over the world, which is kinda strange at this time of the year," answered Claire pensively. "I never knew I'd say this, but I kinda miss wearing my winter coats now!" 

Just when it was about to be their turn, Eliza's phone rang. "Oh bother! Who is it?" groaned Eliza after taking off her phone from her sports armband, only to discover that it was their boss- Tom. In fact, Claire and Eliza weren't just any ordinary university students, but they worked as spy agents for the PMSSO (Playmobil Secret Spies Organisation). 

"Great timing as usual, Tom!" mumbled Claire as she rolled her eyes.

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment