Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 11 May 2022

Playmobil Detectives: Saigon Love Story-9

After reaching the end of the flight of stone steps, they arrived at a wooden door, engraved in a stone wall, with a rusty bolt lock. 

After opening the door, the group entered a poorly illuminated room. Despite the fact that, by then, their eyes were already quite accustomed to the darkness, they still struggled to see clearly. In the darkness, Tiffany bumped into the cold, stone wall.

"Ouch!" Tiffany screamed. 

After their eyes gradually got accustomed to the darkness, they could just about make out an altar-shaped furniture, on which perched a pure, white pot. Shaun and Blythe gasped as they exchanged glances, confirming that their conjectures were the same. In fact, they both recognised the pot to be a cremation pot. 

"Hey, guys, check this out!" Just when the group were absorbed by the cremation pot, Tiffany discovered a locket necklace placed on the alter alongside the pot. 

"This is my grandmother's," responded Thao as she snatched the necklace away from Tiffany. "I've often seen her worn this, but how did it get here?"

"May I have a look?" enquired Blythe. Then, Thao reluctantly handed the necklace to Blythe. 

As Blythe opened the locket, she perceived a black and white photograph of a man. Without warning, everything seemed to swirl around her as Blythe suddenly felt exceedingly dizzy. Only when the observant Shaun quickly closed the locket did Blythe return to normal. 

"Do you know who this man in the photo is?" enquired Jeffrey whilst looking at Thao. "Is he your grandfather?"

"No, I've never seen him before," answered Thao, shaking her head. "In fact, I've never known anything about my grandfather. All I know is that he passed away a long time ago. Whenever I brought him up, grandmother would always get mad and change the topic. I tried asking my mom, but neither does she know anything about her own father. She told me that it has always been a taboo subject between her and grandmother whilst growing up."

"Well, we'd better figure this out as I have a hunch that he is at the bottom of this mystery," concluded Shaun as he eyed the cremation pot suspiciously. 

"And we'd better find out whose remains are inside this pot," said Blythe despite knowing the answer already.

"I will venture to ask grandmother tomorrow," replied Thao.

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment