Translate 翻譯

Tuesday 11 November 2014

The Whimsical Wizard of Oz-7 夢回奧茲-7

After Dorothy and her friends had 'destroyed' the Wicked Witch of the West, they continued their journey in search of the Wizard of Oz. 

自從陶樂絲和她的朋友們打敗了西方壞巫婆後,她們便繼續沿著黃磚路尋找奧茲國巫師。

Eventually, after they have followed the Yellow Brick Road for many days, they came to the end of it and discovered a flight of steps that lead up to a luxurious door with two female guards guarding the entrance.

終於,在走了好幾天的路後,他們來到了黃磚路的終點。那裡有一扇豪華、氣派的大門,旁邊還有兩位女衛兵在那兒守著門。

"Hmmmm, this is not like the door of the Emerald City described in the Wonderful Wizard of Oz!" Dorothy thought to herself, "In fact, it is way different, the door described in the book is way bigger and it's supposed to be green!" 


「哼,這完全不像【綠野仙蹤】書中裏描述的【翡翠城】的大門啊!」陶樂絲心想。「事實上,根本一點兒雷同都沒有,書上寫說那個門很大,而且還是綠色的!」

After they have explained their reason for entering the Emerald City, the two guards allowed them in and a maid led them into a huge room. 

他們和衛兵們解釋他們來翡翠城的目的後,衛兵們便讓他們進去,還有一個女僕帶領他們來到一間很大的房間。


After they have entered the room, they were extremely shocked to perceive a gigantic head floating in mid-air, with a green face, green hair and green beard and wearing a crown! 

他們進去房間後,赫然發現裏面有著一個巨大的頭漂浮在半空中。那顆頭的臉、頭髮和鬍子都是綠色的,頭上還戴著一個皇冠。

"I am the Great Wizard of Oz. I have been expecting you for a long time!" the gigantic head spoke in a deep voice, "What do you want from me?"

「我就是偉大的奧茲國巫師!我等你們很久了。」大頭用著低沈的聲音說道。「你們來找我幹嘛?」

Everyone was so flabbergasted that they couldn't utter a word. 

大家都驚訝得說不出話來了。


Just then, Toto, who seemed to have discovered something, ran away from everyone else. Dorothy, afraid that Toto would get lost or get into some mischief, decided to follow it.

這時,托托像發現了什麼一樣,從大家身邊跑走。陶樂絲怕托托會走失或是闖禍,於是便決定跟著托托。

Toto led Dorothy through a curtained door, and stood in front of a small, wooden door with a flight of steps leading up to it.

托托帶著陶樂絲走進一個有著窗簾的門,然後站在另一個有著樓梯通上去的小小木門前面。

"Toto, come back here!" Dorothy cried, "You'll get yourself into mischief before you know it!"

「托托,回來呀!」陶樂絲大叫。「等一下你又給我闖禍了!」

However, the usually submissive Toto did not even move a muscle, but kept staring into the dark room behind the wooden door, as if telling Dorothy to go in.

但是,平時很聽話的托托這次一動也不動,只是一直凝視著門後面的黑暗房間,似乎要陶樂絲進去一般。


Dorothy, after walking up the flight of steps, slowly pushed open the wooden door and peeked into the dark room. To her utter astonishment, she saw a man in there with his back facing Dorothy; he was speaking into a microphone, which is projected out to be the voice of the floating head. 

陶樂絲走上樓梯後,輕輕地推開木門,然後往房間裏一看。陶樂絲赫然發現,裏面有一個男人背對著她,他正對著一個麥克風說話,而說出來的話居然就和那顆大頭說的一樣。

"Aha! I didn't know that there were microphones back then," Dorothy thought to herself, "So, the book was right for once, this 'Great Wizard of Oz' is indeed a fraud. I'll scare him and see his reaction."

「厚~我都不知道古代還有麥克風咧!」陶樂絲心想。「看來,那本書終於有一個寫對了~什麼『偉大的奧茲國巫師』根本就是個冒牌貨!我一定要嚇嚇他,看看他的反應!」

Therefore, Dorothy tiptoed into the room and crept behind the man and shouted, "BOOO!"

於是,陶樂絲墊著腳尖走進房間到男人的背後,然後大叫:「ㄏㄚˋ!」

The man was so frightened that he shouted, "Arghhhhh!" and swung his chair back to see Dorothy.

那個男人被陶樂絲嚇了一大跳,大叫一聲後便把椅子轉過來看著陶樂絲。

"You're no Wizard of Oz!" Dorothy said whilst pointing at the man in the suit, "You're only a man using the microphone! I thought there were no microphone back then, how did you get one?"

「哼,什麼奧茲國巫師嗎!?」陶樂絲指著那個男人說。「你跟本只是個用著麥克風的人!古代根本沒有麥克風,說~你為什麼會有?」

"I see that you have discovered my secret, and, from your dress, I can see that you are not from here either." the man in the suit said, "In fact, we must be from around the same time period, in the future. How did you come to Oz?"

「看來,我的秘密被你發現了!從妳的穿著打扮來看,妳也不是這個時候的人。」那個穿西裝的男人說。「其實,我們很有可能是來自同一個年代,也就是未來,穿越到這裡的。你是如何來到奧茲的?」

"Indeed, perhaps, we are from a similar time period." Dorothy half-muttered to herself, "I arrived at Oz when I accidentally fell through a hole left over from a construction site. Now, I am trying to get back home, which is why I came to see the famous Wizard of Oz."

「是呀!我們很可能是來自同一個時代。」陶樂絲喃喃自語的說。「我是不小心掉入工地留下來的洞才回穿越到這裡的。現在,我想要回家,這也是我為何會來找奧茲巫師的原因。」

"And now that you can see, the Wizard of Oz is only a normal human being." replied the man, "Actually, I was a news reporter before I came to Oz. I was preparing for my news-reporting when I suddenly felt extremely dizzy and when I woke up, I ended up here in Oz along with all the equipments- microphones, and projectors and all those things. And since I have all these high-tech stuff with me, everyone in Oz believed me to be a Wizard and created this title: 'the Great Wizard of Oz' for me. I gave up trying to go home as life here is much better when everyone looks up to me.........Oh, I've just noticed, what is that on your neck?"

「你現在也看到啦~奧茲巫師只不過是個再平凡不過的人!」那個人回答道。「其實,我來這裡前曾經是個新聞主播。有天,我在準備播報時突然感到頭暈目眩,當我醒過來後,我和這些器材就一併穿越到這兒來了!因為我有這些高科技的東西,於是這裡的人就稱我為『偉大的奧茲國巫師』。我很早就打消了回家的念頭,因為在這兒的生活好多了,大家都是仰望著我的........噢,我剛剛才發現,你脖子上那是什麼呀?」

"This?" Dorothy asked whilst pointing to her smartphone, "This is a smartphone, have you never seen one before? In which year did you arrive in Oz?"

「這個?」陶樂絲指著她的手機問道。「這是智慧型手機呀!難道,你沒看過嗎?你是哪一年來到奧茲國的呀?」

"Oh, the day I came here was the 23rd of October, 1994." responded the man.

「噢,我穿越的那天是1994年的10月23日。」那個人回答道。

"Oh, so you're from the 90s!" Dorothy exclaimed, "In fact, I arrived in Oz on exactly the same day, but twenty years afterwards, in 2014!" 

「哦~原來你是90年代的人呀!」陶樂絲驚訝的說。「事實上,我穿越的那天正是你穿越的20年後的那天!」

Dorothy has just discovered a correlation between the day when she has arrived in Oz and when the man did. But now that Dorothy found out the Wizard is actually a fraud, who can help her return home?

陶樂絲赫然發現了他們兩人穿越的日期的關聯性。可是,現在她發現奧茲國巫師是假的後,誰還能幫她回家呢?

~To be Continued~

~待續~

No comments:

Post a Comment