Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Playmobil Detectives: Rapunzel - The Demon Ship-3

“Blythe, this is Jeffrey Donovan, my friend from university; and Jeff, this is Blythe Lee, my cousin from Taiwan,” introduced Shaun whilst Jeffrey and Blythe shook hands.

“I’ve finally met you!” exclaimed Jeffrey joyfully after the handshake. “After hearing Claire say that you're the ‘pretty genius’ of your school, I simply couldn’t wait to meet you!”

“Oh, I’m sure that’s too much of an exaggeration of which I’m unworthy,” replied Blythe with perfect English and a sense of self-confidence quite uncommon in girls of her age.

“I’ve heard that you’re from Taiwan!” continued Jeffrey, “I’m quite surprised that your English is so good! Are all Taiwanese people as fluent as you in English?”

“Thanks for the compliment. Well, I wouldn’t be honest if I said that all Taiwanese people are as fluent in English as me, as I study in an international school, which requires a different level of English compared to ordinary schools,” responded Blythe. “However, Taiwanese people do indeed have one of the highest average English proficiencies in Asia.”

“You’re here in England for an interview, aren't you?” enquired Jeffrey. “If you don’t mind me asking, which subject and which university are you applying for?”

“Of course!” answered Blythe. “I’m hoping to study Physics with Philosophy at Playmobil University.”

“Oh wow! That’s the university me and Shaun graduated from!” exclaimed Jeffrey as he nudged his friend, “And physics, too – that’s the same as Shaun, though he’s Physics with Astrology.”

“Um, actually, it’s Astronomy,” corrected Shaun.

“Whatever! There’s no difference anyway.....at least for me!” said Jeffrey, shrugging his shoulders. “Both equally difficult, and both something that I, for one, wouldn’t want to study.”

As the group of friends laughed, Jeffrey suddenly glanced at his watch and complained. “Jeez, where’s Tiffany? She’s late again! Can she ever be on time for anything?”

“There she is!” exclaimed Shaun as he pointed at the parking lot.


 Blythe and Jeffrey turned around to discover Tiffany parking her expensive yellow convertible in the car park. “Who drives her convertible to a bus stop to wait for a bus?” commented Jeffrey as he shook his head in bewilderment.



When Tiffany arrived, Shaun introduced his cousin and Tiffany to each other. “Blythe, this is Tiffany – Claire’s ex-high-school classmate; and erm, Tiffany, this is my Taiwanese cousin - Blythe Lee.”

The moment Tiffany set eyes on Blythe, she immediately categorised the latter to be someone that could ‘potentially seduce her Jeffie’, thus starting to regard her with malice. She gave Blythe a sideways glanced and pretended not to see the latter’s extended hand whilst brushing back her hair.

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment