Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 13 September 2017

Playmobil Detectives: Queen of the Nile-6

Seeing that Tiffany was sound asleep, Claire suddenly had an idea. "Let's give her a surprise," she whispered, "When I count to three, say 'Happy Birthday' together, Tiffany'll be delighted."

So, the group got ready, and Claire counted using her fingers. When she got to three, they all shouted at the top of their voice, "Happy birthday, Tiffany!"

On hearing the deafening din, Tiffany started out of her chair and turned around. Nevertheless, this time, it was the group's turn to be surprised. As when Tiffany turned around, they perceived that her eyes were long and slanted, like the eyes of the people in Egyptian paintings.

"OMFG, Tiffany! What happened to your eyes?" queried the bewildered Eliza.


"Oh, these?" replied Tiffany casually as she pointed at her eyes and elucidated, "I just came back from a Playmobil University interview for a course on Theatrical Studies. They told the interviewees to act a scene in Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra. And guess what? After I told them that I am, like, a quarter or something Egyptian, I was assigned the role of Cleopatra. So, they put some make-up on me, and I had to act on the spot."

"Lmao, those eyes really do suit you!" responded Eliza after she got over her shock. 

"Wow! Playmobil University? Isn't that where me and Eliza are studying?" exclaimed Claire, "If you get in, we'll be studying in the same university! OMG!" 

"Yeah, I know right!" answered Tiffany excitedly, "I figured that if these make-up suit me so much, why not just wear it for the day? A lot of people certainly did stare at how beautiful I was when I walked down the street today."

"Erm, I think.....they're staring because of how weird you looked....." Shaun said.  

"Well, it seems like you've got a bad taste for fashion, Claire's brother....whatever your name is!" said Tiffany sassily to Shaun. "Jeffie, do I look pretty?" questioned Tiffany as she looked at Jeffrey whilst blinking her eyes. 

"Right, it's time to cut the cake!" concluded Eliza after seeing that Jeffrey couldn't decide on how best to answer the question. 

After Tiffany got home, she started removing her make-up in front of her dresser and, for a split second, a sudden thought hit her. "Egyptian eyes are so pretty! If only I were a full Egyptian!" 

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment