Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 17 June 2020

Playmobil Detectives: Taipei Love Story-21

That afternoon, an unfamiliar guest visited Ahuey's house. It was a Japanese General. Much to Ahuey's father's horror, after the door was opened and before Ahuey's father had the time to ask for the purpose of his visit, the General who was holding a small bag barged into the house, sat down on a chair and pointed a finger at the scared Ahuey.

"Here is a bag of gold. Take it and I want your daughter as my wife," said the General in Japanese, which Ahuey's father could barely understand. "My mission in Taiwan has ended and has recently been delegated back to the great motherland. Thus, I have decided to bring a Taiwanese girl back home as my wife. I have chosen your daughter as she is very beautiful."


Then, he continued, "I will leave Taiwan tomorrow afternoon and I will come back to pick her up in the morning. There is no need to prepare her dowry, as her wedding will be hosted in Japan. I just need you to be ready by 7am. Don't make me wait!"

"We don't need your money, General-sama. But, please, don't take my daughter away from me," begged Ahuey's father in his broken Japanese. Nevertheless, the General snorted, stood up and marched out of the door, taking no heed of the poor old man.

"Father, I don't want to marry him," replied Ahuey, whose face has turned pale upon hearing the news from her father. "I have already promised to marry Ahuat, whom I truly love. I don't want to marry someone whom I don't even know."

"Ahuey, I comprehend your sentiments. Now, we only have two options. Either we leave everything behind and flee tonight, or you'll have to marry him," replied her father, shaking his head as he sighed. "I am afraid that if we refuse him and stay here, the General will be frustrated and feel humiliated. He will definitely abuse his power in the army to punish us, then we will both live a very hard life in the future. I know both decisions are very hard for you, as either way, you'll probably never be able to see Ahuat again. But I believe the former option is better for you; so, let's flee tonight! Come, I will pack some minimal belongings and we will be on our way after the sun goes down."

Lines of tears trickled down Ahuey's beautiful face as she thought about her father's words; then, not wishing her father to suffer, replied slowly, but with determination. "No, father, I will marry him."

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment