Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 5 September 2018

Playmobil Detectives: Island of the Spectres-5

The following morning after the barbecue dinner was another bright, sunny day, in which the group of friends toured the famous city of Nice. Due to the warm and sunny weather, they soon became quite exhausted and dehydrated, making them long for a thirst-quenching, icy drink.  "OMG, I'm parched!" complained Tiffany.

"To be honest, me too!" responded Claire before suggesting, "Why not let's go over to that supermarket there and get some drinks."

"Then, we can go for lunch, cuz I'm starving!" said Shaun after caressing his empty belly. 



Only after entering the supermarket did they discover that, although it said 'supermarché' on the outside, it was not more than a small grocery store. Nevertheless, they were extremely astonished to discover that it sold anything you could possibly ever imagine to be in a usual supermarket.

"OMG, look at this juicy zucchini," commented Claire as she picked one up. "Since we're here, we might as well buy some stuff to make dinner. I'm not coming out again for dinner."

"Lol, I know right," nodded Eliza, "My feet are already blistering from so much walking today. I mean, we had literally walked around the entire city."

"Ooh, they sell bread here as well!" said Jeffrey as he pointed at a shelf full of tasty, freshly baked bread. "Let's get some for tomorrow's breakfast."

"Well, that's dinner and breakfast sorted, looks like we don't ever need to go out for food again," laughed Nadia. 

"OMG, they have organic fruit juice here!" exclaimed Tiffany. "Urgh! But the sugar content is just WAY too high! It's such a shame that I'm on a strict diet."

"You seem to be always on a diet, Tiffany," remarked Shaun. "I mean......you're not even fat. At least you're skinnier than Claire. Why do you need to be on a diet?"

"Excuse me, Shaun!" retorted Claire from the other side of the store. "Are you implying that I'm fat?"

"Oh no! Of course you know that's not what I mean....." replied Shaun as his spine chilled after seeing his sister's icy glare. "All that I'm saying is that Tiffany is too skinny to be on a diet."

"Well, it seems like I'm still not skinny enough for Jeffie...." replied Tiffany as she glanced at Jeffrey's direction, only to see him chatting merrily with Nadia in a corner.

"I don't think that's why....." Shaun didn't have time to finish his sentence as he was abruptly interrupted by the jealous Tiffany. "Shut up, nerd. What do you know?" 

After snapping at Shaun, Tiffany grabbed a bottle of champagne from the shelf and was about to put it in the shopping cart when she perceived a stout figure towering over her. As she glanced upwards, she was flabbergasted to discover Klaudia, whom they met on the plane the previous day, standing in front of the counter.

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment