Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 3 October 2018

Playmobil Detectives: Island of the Spectres-9

About an hour's ride later, after which everyone had quite lost their sense of direction whatsoever, they arrived at Klaudia's legendary castle. After admiring the spectacular entrance of the grand castle, the group were led inside by Bosko the butler and conducted in to the drawing room. The drawing room was luxuriously decorated in a red colour tone, with blood red wallpapers lined with golden patterns, dark red curtains that draped down all the way to the floor, covered with a deluxe Persian carpet. The room was also furnished with matching red, velvet armchairs and a strangely dismatching blue Victorian sofa that seemed to have been moved in from another room. 

On perceiving the Victorian sofa, Tiffany dashed towards it, lay on it with her feet up and complained. "OMFG, my back is killing me after that bumpy ride. What kind of place is this, without a decent asphalt road?"

"Tiffany! Take your feet off that sofa, you're gonna make it dirty!" scolded Nadia whilst apologising to Klaudia. 

"It's fine!" Klaudia replied, with her sweet smile and resumed former sweet voice, "The sofa is very old anyways, it cannot get very dirty."

"Imma take a selfie and post it on Facebook so all my friends can see what an awful place I'm at right now," Tiffany said as she fished out her phone from her pocket. But as her eyes glanced at the wifi page and saw no connectable networks, her jaw dropped. Then, she remembered she had 4G, but was awestruck to discover that the signals bar was completely empty. "OMFG, why is there no signal?" she enquired.




"Oh! I forgot to mention that this island has absolutely no mobile connection with the outside world," elucidated Klaudia. "However, there is a telephone in this house, if you would like to call anyone. This is how I communicate with Boska to tell him that I'll be coming over for a stay, so he can get prepared." She motioned to a vintage 1950s telephone perching on a nearby table.

"NO! You don't understand! I don't need to CALL anyone," responded Tiffany, breaking into a loud sob, "I just need internet connection so I can go on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Tumblr to see what my mates are doing! I don't need a pathetic 1920s telephone, ok? Sob... sob.... OMG, how am I gonna live with no internet? Sob.... sob.... what kind of stupid place is this? Sob.... sob..... I wanna go home!" Then, Tiffany broke into a fit of wailing, sobbing and kicking.



"Wow! You have an impressive antiques collection, Klaudia!" remarked Nadia whilst pointing to a table lined with all sorts of antiques, from Egyptian jars to Arabian jugs and South American statues, completely ignoring the deafening wails of Tiffany.

"Oh, they're not mine, it belonged to my father," answered Klaudia as she walked over to the table. "My late father was a huge antiques fan. When I was little, he used to take me around flea markets to 'dig up treasures' as he used to call it." Without warning, a shadow passed over Klaudia's face and she started sobbing quietly. Her pitiful sobs, despite being muffled by her handkerchief, pierced through the still atmosphere like a keen knife, eager for blood. On hearing Klaudia's sobs, Tiffany stopped her wails and quietened down.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned it," apologised Nadia as she put her hand on Klaudia's arm, surprised that it felt very cold and lifeless.

~To be Continued~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment