Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 11 March 2020

Playmobil Detectives: Taipei Love Story-7

At around 3:30pm Taipei standard time, the group of friends landed at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport. Before landing, Jeffrey had already started taking some aerial photos of Taiwan's picturesque coastline from his seat in the plane.

As they got to the immigration counters, they perceived a huge crowd. "OMG! How long are we gonna have to wait?" complained Tiffany. 

Nevertheless, to their astonishment, the efficiency of the immigration officers were so high such that they soon found themselves having passed immigration and reclaimed their luggage from the conveyor belts in less than half an hour's time. This time, even Tiffany did not complain. After exiting the arrivals terminal, they perceived a familiar figure waving at them.

"Blythe! OMG! I haven't seen you for ages!" exclaimed Claire after perceiving her cousin. "Haven't expected you to pick us up from the airport."

"Of course I'll be here to pick you guys up!" said Blythe after the salutations were over. "Although the signs are very clear, I still wouldn't want you guys getting lost, haha. Plus, I'll be your tour guide in your stay in Taiwan. If you want to go somewhere in Taiwan, just tell me and I'll take you there!" 

"I want to go to the toilet!" exclaimed Tiffany, raising her hand to speak. 

"Straight ahead, then turn right!" replied Blythe.

"Wow! I've heard Taiwanese people are really friendly, but I didn't know they're so hospitable as well!" whispered Eliza to Jeffrey. 



They boarded the airport metro, which took them straight to Taipei's city centre in half an hour. Blythe led them out of the metro station and across a few streets, arriving outside the flat of Claire, Shaun and Blythe's grandmother.

After pressing the doorbell, a Chinese old lady with snow-white hair tied into a bun, and wearing an azure blue dress opened the door. Despite her age being over ninety, she seemed barely a day over sixty-five, the only tell-tale signs of her age was her white hair.

"Grandma!" Claire, Blythe and Shaun exclaimed in Chinese after perceiving the kind, elderly lady and immediately gave her a huge hug.

After the salutations were over, Blythe said. "Our grandma is very generous to let all of us stay in her flat throughout your stay in Taipei, I'll also move here with her so I can take you guys around."

"Oh, wow! Thank you so much, um, grandma!" said Jeffrey. "Oops, um, I don't know if she understands English, though. Please thank her for us!"

"I appreciate your thanks, young man!" replied Grandma in English with a tinge of Mandarin accent. "You must be Shaun's friend - Jeffrey, Claire's best friend - Eliza and Claire's classmate - Tiffany. There's no need to thank me! I prefer having people around me, otherwise, I live alone in this large apartment. Now that Blythe is studying in the UK, I have fewer company. I hope you all enjoy your stay in Taiwan!"

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment