Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Playmobil Spies: Frankenbeauty-8

Eliza perceived a loud bang, then the laughter of Dr Frank Stein.
"I'd better get down there to check what's going on!" she thought to herself, "Thank god I don't have acrophobia."

After climbing down the chain, she perceived that Claire was just about to get up whilst two 'prince' judges were underneath her.

In fact, when Claire perceived the disappearance of Kaho and Hong, she swung from the chandelier chain and landed right on the two 'prince' judges, who have passed out from the shock. 



Eliza also swung from the chandelier chain and ended up on the opposite side of the room.

"What are you two rude girls doing here?" Dr Frank Stein exclaimed in astonishment, "I thought I've ordered the guards to imprison you."

"Well, your guards were useless, just like you, baldy!" Eliza said as she pointed a finger at the mad scientist, "Now, you'd better have a good excuse for your actions, or else, you'd be sorry. What did you do to Kaho and Hong, baldy?" Claire couldn't stop herself from giggling at Eliza's nickname for Dr Frank Stein.

"I didn't do anything to them, I'm just simply making them my wife!" Dr Frank Stein smiled a sinister smile.

"Making them your wife? What on Earth are you talking about? Are you gonna marry them? But you can't marry both of them, that's illegal." Claire said.

"Whoa whoa whoa, calm down girls. I've just gotten my English wrong......what I meant was 'making them INTO my wife'.....English is complicated, isn't it? One tiny little word can make such a huge difference. Wait, you were the one that spilled juice on me, weren't ya?" Dr Frank Stein replied extremely slowly, still with that queer smile on his face. 


"Get to the point!" Claire's embarrassment turned into anger, she threw her crown at Dr Frank Stein, who just dodged in time to avoid it.

"Whoa, girl, you really are violent and desperate to know...." Dr Frank Stein responded, taken aback by Claire's sudden move, "Fine, if you want to know so much, I am at your disposal. Actually, my beloved wife - Elaine, who was half Chinese, half Japanese, died ten years ago. I've discovered that I couldn't live without her.....so I've dedicated these years into research to try and bring dead people back to life....."

"OMG, that's so romantic!" Eliza exclaimed, and after perceiving Claire's look that said 'seriously?', apologised, "Sorry to interrupt, please continue.....baldy!"

"Where was I?" the scientist continued, "Oh yeah....and although I soon discovered that it was quite impossible to bring dead people back to life, whilst doing my research on human DNA and autonomy, I've also discovered a way to merge the selective DNA of two people to create a whole new human being. I've first tested it out on insects, which have simpler DNA structures, then hamsters, and recently, I succeeded to merge the DNA of two dogs into one, creating a whole new breed! And now, I am going to test it out on real humans. That was what this whole pageant thing was for. I needed to find two people that have similar physical traits as my wife, so I could merge their DNAs and make my wife alive again, using their bodies....."

"Hahahaha!" Claire suddenly bursted out laughing after hearing this, "Your joke is so unoriginal! Do you think we haven't read Frankenstein? Stop daydreaming and get back down to Earth! This idea was already taken by Mary Shelley, so you'd be sued for copyright infringement if you publish this novel."

"Actually, I haven't read Frankenstein....I've only seen the movie... And who's Mary Shelley? Was she our high-school classmate?" Eliza replied, and after seeing Claire's icy stare, went silent again.

"No, young lady, you're quite mistaken....firstly, this is not a joke at all; secondly, I'm not publishing this as a novel, I'm publishing it as a scientific research paper, in which I will give credits to Mary Shelley for inspiring me to research into this project. And you know what? In fact, I'm calling this project 'Frankenbeauty' as a tribute to my favourite novel- Frankenstein."

"Wait a sec.....if all this is real, this is not only animal cruelty, but also totally unethical! You're practising unfair play by already deciding who's gonna win at the beginning of the competition!" exclaimed Eliza. "Not to mention that you've fooled two innocent girls into thinking that they've won this competition, but in fact, all they get is being turned into someone else's dead wife."

"Oh, come on, if you just want a young, pretty girl by your side, by all means remarry! I'm sure your wife wouldn't blame you for this," added Claire. "Coz right now, what you're getting is just a look-alike of your wife. She won't have the memories, experiences, emotions or anything that belonged to your wife! Don't hide your greedy desires by making up this story of your deceased wife...."

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" Without warning, Dr Frank Stein, whose face was getting redder as Claire's speech proceeded, screamed. "You don't understand how I miss my wife! You're totally wrong about my personality and about how it's just a look-alike of my wife. Before my wife died, I was doing this research on how to preserve one's soul after death. Just before her decease, my research has succeeded, so I was able to preserve my wife's soul. I didn't publish that paper as I wanted to publish a joint discovery after I was able to put her soul back into her body so she could come back to life again. However, I soon discovered that one simply can't put the soul back into its original body, it had to be a new body. So now, I can put my wife's soul into this body which I have created by merging the selective DNA of Kaho and Hong, so that I won't only get my wife's soul back, I can make her young and pretty again!"

~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment