Translate 翻譯

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Playmobil Detectives: The Faceless Bride-1 摩比神探之無臉新娘-1

It was a long, dreary winter afternoon when Shaun received an E-mail of the following from his cousin.

"Dear Shaun,

How are you? It has been such a long time since I have last seen you, as I wasn't able to return to China last Chinese New Year. I hope everything is well for you in London, and please pay my sentiments to aunty and uncle when you call them next.

I know we're not in frequent correspondence, so you may be surprised to receive such an E-mail, in fact, I am writing to you on behalf of my friend who is currently entangled in a serious situation. Jennifer was going to get married last Saturday, however, her wedding was abruptly disrupted by an unfortunate appearance of this creepy bride spectre, whom Jennifer did not pay attention to until the incident of the night before the wedding, although she was aware of her presence for some time now. I have heard that you are quite skilled in solving puzzling cases that involve the supernatural, so, when Jennifer came to me for aid, I recommended you.

However, please do not feel pressurised to take the case because of me. If you are too busy or are simply uninterested, I am certain that Jennifer will not blame you for declining her call for help. But, if you are interested, then please call her by this phone number: 0943849250, and you'll find someone who will be thankful for whatever aid you can give her.

Cheers,
Tina Chen"




After reading the E-mail, Shaun immediately called the number and confirmed that he would be willing to give them any help he could, and they soon arranged a meeting at 6pm in the evening.

At the appointed time, Shaun and Jeffrey, who was also extremely fascinated by this seemingly extraordinary case, arrived at the cafe of their appointment and saw an Asian woman in her thirties with a man sitting next to her waving at them.

"Hello, nice to meet you!" their client said after they have sat down and ordered their food, "First of all, Jake and I here are delighted to receive your offer of help, as we have seen your Facebook fan-page and are truly amazed by your special talents in solving cases that involve the supernatural. Well, we'll get straight to the point. I'm Jennifer Le and this is my fiancé- Jake Nguyen, as you might have guessed already, we're Vietnamese descendants living in the UK. You might have heard already from Tina, we were going to get married last Saturday, but.....what occurred must have been a bad omen, so I have insisted on delaying the marriage against Jake's wishes. I'm not a superstitious person, but that was just too much for me to handle." Jennifer trembled despite the warm atmosphere of the café and took in a deep breath.


"I'll start from the beginning. Well, Jake and I met about a year ago in this party, and we soon found out that we're destined to be together. However, after some months of our acquaintance, suddenly, this strange spectre started to haunt our lives. Her features are not hard to recognise, as every time she appeared, she always had a wedding dress on; but the creepiest thing about her is that she did not have a face. She has a head alright, but no eyes, no nose and no mouth, just a blank space. At first, she only seemed to show up once in a while, and it was always in the absence of Jake that I saw her. She didn't do anything in her sudden appearances; she just stared at me from outside the window with that blank face of hers and disappeared. So, I didn't take much notice of her and thought it was merely some practical joke. Then, her visits became more and more frequent and more violent; once, she appeared in the garden and attempted to throw a pot of flowers at me. I ducked just in time to avoid it, but when I looked up, she had already disappeared."



~To be Continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment